Content is currency on the internet and that’s why content marketing has grown exponentially as a tactic over the last decade. But, new AI technologies like ChatGPT and Jasper.AI threaten to change the work of content writers forever. If content is king, does that make AI the new kingmaker?
If you’re interested in using AI to write your blog posts, we’ve put together the information below, with assistance from AI, to guide you on your way.
How Does AI Write a Blog Post?
First, the AI system will collect data on the topic of the blog post, like a researcher would, only much quicker! This can be done by scraping the internet for relevant articles, using pre-existing datasets, or by conducting surveys.
Once the data has been collected, the AI system will analyse it to identify patterns and trends. This will probably involve using algorithms to identify keywords, topics, and other relevant information.
The system will then generate an outline for the blog post based on the analysis conducted in step 2. This outline will provide a structure for the article, including headings, subheadings, and general points that the post is trying to make.
Using NLG, the system will then write the article based on the outline and data collected in steps 1 and 2. The AI will use its pre-existing knowledge and language models to generate the text, ensuring that it is grammatically correct and reads as naturally as possible.
Finally, the system will edit and refine the article, ensuring that it makes sense, is engaging, informative and most importantly is not too robotic sounding. This can involve using algorithms to identify areas that require improvement, such as clarity, readability, or tone. A little bit like John Connor teaching The Terminator to say ‘Hasta La Vista’ to fit in better.
It’s important to note that while AI can write blog posts, it may not be able to capture the same level of nuance, creativity, or personal touch that a human writer can. (Although to be fair, that’s true of many human writers.)
AI-generated content may also lack the personal voice and style that people bring to their work. However, AI can be a useful tool for generating content quickly and efficiently, particularly for organisations that need to produce a large volume of content on a regular basis.
Benefits of Using AI to Write a Blog Post
Using AI to write blog posts can offer a range of benefits, including:
Efficiency and Time-saving
AI can generate content much faster than humans, allowing bloggers and content creators to produce more content in less time. This can be particularly useful for companies or individuals who need to produce a large volume of content on a regular basis.
AI-generated content can be consistent in terms of tone, style, and voice, ensuring that all blog posts have a similar feel and reflect the brand’s messaging consistently. This can be particularly useful for larger organisations that require a unified brand voice across all their content.
Humans are expensive. AI-generated content can cost a lot less, which can be a significant cost-saving measure for smaller businesses or individuals who cannot afford to hire a full-time content team.
AI can use data analytics to optimise content for search engines, which can help increase the visibility and reach of a blog post. This can be particularly useful for businesses that rely on their blog to drive traffic to their website.
Multilingual Content Generation
AI can create content in multiple languages, which can be useful for businesses that have a global audience or are looking to expand into new markets.
Overall, using AI to write blog posts can offer many benefits, including increased efficiency, consistency, cost savings, and improved optimisation. However, it’s important to note that AI-generated content still has limitations and may not be suitable for all types of content or industries.
Problems With Using AI to Write Website Content
“Yeah, yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could that they didn’t stop to think if they should.”Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Of course, Jeff Goldblum was talking about cloning prehistoric beasts, not writing website content, but when it comes to using AI technology, the statement is still highly relevant. Just because you can write content with AI tools, does that mean that you should? There are several pitfalls to take into account, such as:
- Lack of originality: AI-generated content may lack originality and personality, resulting in a generic, formulaic tone that fails to capture the attention of readers.
- Inaccurate information: AI may not always be able to distinguish between accurate and inaccurate information, potentially resulting in the spread of false or misleading information.
- Unintended bias: AI may reflect the biases and assumptions of its creators, resulting in content that inadvertently perpetuates stereotypes or reinforces existing biases. The AI is only as good as the information it’s fed.
- Inconsistent quality: AI-generated content may not always meet the same level of quality as human-generated content, particularly when it comes to things like tone, style, and voice.
- Legal and ethical considerations: AI-generated content may raise legal and ethical considerations, particularly when it comes to issues like copyright infringement or plagiarism.
Overall, while AI can be a useful tool for generating website content, it is important to carefully consider its limitations and potential risks before relying on it exclusively. In many cases, a combination of AI-generated and human-generated content may be the most effective approach.
Step-by-step Guide on How to Write a Blog Post With AI
- Determine your topic and keywords: Begin by selecting the topic you want to write about and the relevant keywords you want to target. This will help the AI generate more relevant and accurate content.
- Choose an AI tool: Select an AI tool that is suitable for your needs. There are a range of AI content generation tools available, each with different features and capabilities.
- Set your parameters: Once you’ve chosen your tool, set the parameters for your content. This includes the length of the post, the tone and style, and any other specific requirements you may have.
- Provide input data: Most AI tools require some input data to generate content. This can include a title, a brief summary of the topic, and any other relevant information you have on the subject.
- Generate the content: Once you’ve provided the input data, the AI will generate the content for you. Depending on the tool you’re using, you may be able to generate multiple versions of the content, each with different tones or styles.
- Edit and refine the content: While the AI-generated content can be a great starting point, it’s important to edit and refine the content to ensure it meets your specific requirements. This may include editing for grammar, tone, and structure.
- Add images and formatting: Once you’re happy with the content, add any relevant images or formatting to the post. This will help make the post more visually appealing and engaging for readers.
- Publish the post: Finally, publish the post to your blog or website. As with any content, it’s important to promote the post through social media and other channels to ensure it reaches your target audience.
Using AI to write a blog post can be a time-saving and efficient way to generate content. However, it’s important to note that AI-generated content still requires editing and refinement to ensure it meets your specific requirements and resonates with your audience.
Tips on How to Write a Great Blog Post With AI
- Choose your topic and keywords carefully to ensure the AI-generated content is relevant and targeted.
- Set clear parameters for the content, including the length, tone, and style.
- Provide enough input data to guide the AI in generating the content.
- Edit and refine the content to ensure it meets your specific requirements and resonates with your audience.
- Use formatting, images, and other visual elements to make the post more engaging and appealing.
- Optimise the content for search engines by including relevant keywords and meta descriptions.
- Use a plagiarism checker to ensure the content is original and unique.
- Use AI-generated content as a starting point and supplement it with your own insights and expertise.
- Avoid using overly technical language or industry jargon that may be difficult for readers to understand.
- Proofread the content carefully to catch any errors or mistakes before publishing.
Top AI Content Writing Tools
GPT-3: GPT-3 is a natural language processing AI tool that can generate human-like text based on prompts and inputs. It has been used to create a wide range of content, including articles, social media posts, and chatbot conversations.
Articoolo: Articoolo is an AI tool that can create articles based on user-defined keywords and parameters. It uses natural language processing to analyse existing articles on the topic and generate original content that meets the user’s specifications.
Wordsmith: Wordsmith is an AI tool that can generate natural language narratives based on data and analytics. It can be used to create content for a wide range of applications, including financial reports, news articles, and e-commerce product descriptions.
Quill: Quill is an AI tool that can generate natural language content based on data and analytics. It is particularly useful for creating reports and summaries of complex data sets.
Hugging Face: Hugging Face is an open-source AI platform that provides access to a wide range of natural language processing models, including GPT-3. It can be used to generate a wide range of content, including articles, chatbots, and automated email responses.
So, can you now sit back, relax on the beach and sip on your cocktail, while AI does all the work? Well, not quite. It’s worth bearing in mind that while these tools can be useful for generating content, they may not always be the best choice for every situation. It’s important to weigh up the strengths and limitations of each tool before deciding which one to use for a particular project and judge whether it can replace the work of a human writer.